Gearing up for a turn at one of the nation’s top half-mile-ovals, the Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series presented by the MAVTV Motorsports Network will take on the Devil’s Bowl Speedway on Friday, October 14, and Saturday, October 15 with the 49th annual Winter Nationals / Lanny and Beverly Edwards Memorial.
Kicking off the final run to the 2022 National Tour Championship, the two-night showdown at the Devil’s Bowl is followed by Fuzzy’s Fall Fling at Creek County Speedway on Friday, October 28, and Saturday, October 29, to settle who walks away with the $50,000 champion’s check.
Going into the Devil’s Bowl Winter Nationals, Blake Hahn continues to lead the 2022 standings with a 101-point lead over Wayne Johnson. A track that has worked well for both drivers over the years, one mistake by either could tip the scales tremendously. While Blake has had consistent runs at the Mesquite oval, the nod on performance goes to Johnson, who has 10 career National Tour wins at the Devil’s Bowl, with his most recent coming during the Spring Nationals.
Not out of the realm of possibility should something go down among the top two, that could easily bring Matt Covington, who has also been very successful at the Devil’s Bowl, back into the chase, despite trailing by 173 points.
Chasing Covington is Tim Crawley, who is only 13 points back from the No. 95, and 186 away from Hahn. Completing the top five is Jason Martin, who leads the Brodix Rookie of the Year standings. Brandon Anderson holds sixth in tour standings, followed by Landon Crawley, Landon Britt, Kyler Johnson, and Ryan Bickett to make up the top ten.
Friday, October 14, offers teams $3,000 to win and $300 to start with Saturday, October 15, upped to $4,000 to win. Pits open at Noon each day, with racing at 7:00 P.M. on Friday and 8:00 P.M. (CDT). Tickets each night are $25 for adults, $15 for Seniors (60+), $15 for Military and Youth (13-15), and free for Kids 12 and under. Pit Passes are $35. Devil’s Bowl Speedway is located at 1711 Lawson Rd. in Mesquite, Texas. For tickets and directions, log onto http://www.devilsbowl.com or call (972) 222-2421.
The 2022 season will mark the 31st year of competition for the American Sprint Car Series. Spearheaded by the Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series presented by the MAVTV Motorsports Network, the ASCS Nation includes Regional Tours that encompass both wing and non-wing competition.
For fans not able to attend, the series can be seen live on two platforms, with RaceOnTexas.com on FloRacing.com featuring National Tour events in tandem. Both are subscription-based sites. FloRacing.com is $20 per month, billed annually at $150 per year. RaceOnTexas.com All Access is $39.99 per month.
For other news, notes, and information on any of the tours under the ASCS banner, log onto http://www.ascsracing.com, follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (@LucasOilASCS).
Who: Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series
What: 49th Devil’s Bowl Winter Nationals
Where: Devil’s Bowl Speedway (Mesquite, Texas)
When: Friday, October 14, and Saturday, October 15
Times and Other Info:
Friday, October 14:
Grandstands: 5:00 P.M.
Draw: 5:45 PM – 6:15 PM
Driver’s Meeting: 6:30 P.M.
Hot Laps: 7:15 P.M.
Racing: 8:00 P.M.
Saturday, October 15
Grandstands: 5:00 P.M.
Draw: 4:45 PM – 5:15 PM
Driver’s Meeting: 5:30 P.M.
Hot Laps: 6:15 P.M.
Racing: 7:00 P.M.
Muffler Rule: ASCS Schoenfeld Muffler Required
Pit Pass: $35 (Per Day)
Grandstand Admission: $25, 12 & under free (Per Day)
Contact Info: Devil’s Bowl Speedway
Address: 1711 Lawson Rd. Mesquite, TX 75181
Phone: (972) 222-2421
Email: [email protected]
ASCS National Tour Win History
Devil’s Bowl Speedway (Mesquite) – 103 events
- 6/21/94—Shane Carson (Speedweek)
- 5/12/95—Alan Payne
- 7/23/95—Mike Ward (Speedweek)
- 9/1/95—Mike Peters
- 9/2/95—Sammy Swindell
- 9/3/95—Sammy Swindell
- 6/18/96—Wayne Johnson (Speedweek)
- 7/6/96—Terry Gray
- 11/1/96—Terry Gray
- 11/2/96—Johnny Herrera
- 4/5/97—Shane Carson
- 6/18/97—Wayne Johnson (Speedweek)
- 10/31/97—Edd French
- 11/1/97—Mike Peters
- 6/19/98—Gary Wright (Speedweek)
- 10/3/98—Gary Wright
- 10/4/98—Garry Lee Maier
- 7/8/99—Gary Wright
- 7/30/99—Garry Lee Maier (Speedweek)
- 10/1/99—Gary Wright
- 10/2/99—Gary Wright
- 7/21/00—Gary Wright (Speedweek)
- 10/6/00—Gary Wright
- 4/20/01—Larry Neighbors
- 7/20/01—Gary Wright (Speedweek)
- 10/6/01—Gary Wright
- 4/19/02—Travis Rilat
- 6/7/02—Jason Johnson (Speedweek)
- 10/4/02—Wayne Johnson
- 10/5/02—Gary Wright
- 4/18/03—Kevin Ramey
- 10/17/03—Tim Crawley
- 10/18/03—Gary Wright
- 10/23/04—Shane Stewart
- 3/18/05—Danny Jennings
- 3/19/05—Danny Jennings
- 6/9/05—Danny Jennings (Speedweek)
- 10/21/05—Gary Wright
- 10/22/05—Gary Wright
- 6/24/06—Kevin Ramey (Spring Nat. Makeup 3/17/06)
- 6/24/06—Kevin Ramey (Summer Nat.)
- 7/13/06—Gary Wright (Speedweek)
- 10/13/06—Jason Johnson
- 10/14/06—Travis Rilat
- 3/16/07—Wayne Johnson
- 3/17/07—Jake Peters
- 5/12/07—Gary Wright
- 7/19/07—Gary Wright (Speedweek)
- 10/12/07—Jason Johnson
- 10/13/07—Jason Johnson
- 3/14/08—Tony Bruce, Jr.
- 3/15/08—Gary Wright
- 5/10/08—Jason Johnson
- 7/17/08—Gary Wright (Speedweek)
- 10/17/08—Jason Johnson
- 10/18/08—Gary Wright
- 3/20/09—Shane Stewart
- 3/21/09—Jason Johnson
- 10/17/09—Gary Wright
- 10/18/09—Kevin Ramey
- 3/19/10—Sammy Swindell
- 10/15/10—Jason Johnson
- 10/16/10—Jack Dover
- 3/25/11—Jason Johnson
- 3/26/11—Sam Hafertepe, Jr.
- 10/21/11—Wayne Johnson
- 10/22/11—Danny Lasoski
- 3/24/12—Jason Johnson
- 6/15/12—Wayne Johnson (Speedweek)
- 6/16/12—Brian Brown (Speedweek)
- 10/19/12—Jeff Swindell (Winter Nat. Prelim)
- 10/20/12—Jeff Swindell (Winter Nat. Finale)
- 3/22/13—Kyle Bellm (Spring Nat.)
- 6/15/13—Johnny Herrera (Speedweek)
- 10/19/13—Brian Brown (Winter Nat.)
- 3/21/14—Tony Bruce, Jr. (Spring Nat. Prelim)
- 3/29/14—Patrick Stasa (3/22 Make up)
- 6/14/14—Seth Bergman (Speedweek)
- 10/17/14—Tony Bruce, Jr. (Winter Nat. Prelim)
- 10/18/14—Matt Covington (Winter Nat. Finale)
- 6/13/15 — Wayne Johnson (Speedweek)
- 10/16/15 — Wayne Johnson
- 10/17/15 — Sam Hafertepe, Jr.
- 3/19/16 — Wayne Johnson
- 10/14/16 — Johnny Herrera (Winter Nat. Prelim.)
- 10/15/16 — John Carney II (Winter Nat. Finale)
- 3/17/17 — Sam Hafertepe, Jr. (Spring Nat. Prelim.)
- 3/18/17 — Sam Hafertepe, Jr. (Spring Nat. Finale)
- 6/13/17 — Sam Hafertepe, Jr. (Speedweek)
- 10/20/17- John Carney II (Winter Nat. Prelim)
- 10/21/17 – Aaron Reutzel (Winter Nat. Finale)
- 3/16/18 – Roger Crockett (Sprint Nat.)
- 6/12/18 – Scott Bogucki (Speedweek)
- 6/4/19 – Travis Rilat (Speedweek)
- 10/18/19 — Sam Hafertepe, Jr. (Winter Nat. Prelim)
- 10/19/19 – Roger Crockett (Winter Nat. Finale)
- 10/16/20 — Sam Hafertepe, Jr. (Winter Nat. Prelim)
- 10/17/20 — Roger Crockett (Winter Nat. Finale)
- 3/19/21 — JJ Hickle (Spring Nat. Prelim)
- 3/20/21 — JJ Hickle (Spring Nat. Finale)
- 10/16/21 — JJ Hickle (Winter Nat. Finale)
- 3/18/22 — Wayne Johnson (Spring Nat. Prelim)
- 3/19/22 — Seth Bergman (Spring Nat. Finale)