The Gander Outdoors 400 race weekend, taking place at ‘The Tricky Triangle’ from July 27-29, is jam packed with fan-driven activities and thrilling on-track activity. The major races each day include the ModSpace 150 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards (ARCA) race on Friday, the Gander Outdoors 150 NASCAR Camping World Series (NCWTS) race on Saturday and the Gander Outdoors 400 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) race on Sunday.
The weekend will also feature the second annual Pocono Raceway Fan Fest on Friday, the 11th annual Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital Kids Day on Saturday. As a reminder, kids, ages 12 and under, are free to enter the gates on Friday and Saturday. Half-priced kids tickets are available, in select Grandstand sections on Sunday for children, ages 12 and under. Saturday adult tickets start at $25 on Saturday and $45 on Sunday. Camping tickets start at $150 and access for camping guests begins at 12 p.m. ET on Thursday, July 26. Buy tickets by visiting www.poconoraceway.com/tickets.
Friday’s on-track activity will include ARCA practice and qualifying, NCWTS practices and the ARCA race. Saturday’s on-track schedule will include NCWTS qualifying, two MENCS practices, the NCWTS race and MENCS qualifying. The green flag for Sunday’s MENCS race is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. ET.
Fan can visit www.poconoraceway.com/schedule for a full list of additional fan-driven events. Several of these events and activities* include…
- Pocono Raceway Fan Fest – Pocono Raceway will host their second annual Fan Fest at the Infield Block Party, inside the infield, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. ET on Friday, July 27. Drivers participating include Alex Bowman, Chris Buescher, Ty Dillon, Chase Elliott, Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano, Ricky Stenhouse Jr and JJ Yeley. This year’s event is free for anyone who has a 2018 Gander Outdoors 400 race weekend ticket and kids, ages 12 and under, are free. For fans that do not have a ticket, the at-gate cost is $10, per car load. For more details, visit www.poconoraceway.com/fanfest.
- Infield Block Party and Fireworks Presented by Dale Jr. and Weis Markets – The Infield Block Party will be rocking on Saturday night thanks to Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Weis Markets. Live music with Crazy Hearts, Porter & Sayles and The Dangerous Summer starts at 5 p.m. and our annual fireworks extravaganza will begin around 9:15 p.m. The Infield Block Party is free for all camping guests. It is also open to the public for a $10 donation, per car load, at the Gate 1 Tunnel to help support our local fire company. The public are also invited to enjoy the #POCONOMTNS Inclusive Playground and Bark Park, Pocono Raceway’s dog park, as part of the evening’s festivities. Both the playground and dog part are located across the street from the Infield Block Party Stage.
- 11th Annual Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital Kids Day – Pocono Raceway’s annual Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital Kids Day will take place in Chalet Village, located behind the Grandstand and next to Gate 8, on Saturday, July 28 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Kids Day will feature kid-friendly activities including face painting, bouncy houses, a reading program, and much more. The event is free to all kids, ages 12 and under, and all adults with a Saturday gate admission ticket. For more details, please visit www.poconoraceway.com/kidsday.
- NASCAR Xfinity Series Open Garage and Autograph Session – Fans will have the opportunity to visit the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series garage from 3:30-4:30 p.m. ET on Friday, July 27. A limited number of wristbands will be distributed for this event. Camping guests can visit the Infield Fan Center, located along Earnhardt Road, to inquire about a wristband starting on Thursday afternoon. Those who are attending the events at the track on Friday will be required to have a Pre-Race Pit/Paddock Pass. Wristband distribution for these guests will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Pocono Raceway tent in the Paddock beginning at 12 Noon ET on Friday.
- ARCA Series Autograph Session – Meet the up-and-coming stars of the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards as they prepare to compete to win the ModSpace 150 on Friday. The autograph session will feature several drivers and will take place at the Fan Welcome Center, located in Fan Fair and near Gate 10, starting at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, July 27. Wristbands will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis at the same location as the autograph session starting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday.
- Selfie Session with Daniel Suarez– In place of the common autograph session, Daniel Suárez, will meet 75 groups of fans for selfies on Saturday, July 28. It will be held behind Victory Lane, in the Paddock, for fans who pre-registered. Registration for this event was announced and the spots were filled within two hours. For more information, visitwww.poconoraceway.com/selfiesesh.
- #POCONOMTNS Inclusive Playground “Recess” – Families are invited to enjoy the #POCONOMTNS Inclusive Playground on Saturday, July 28 from 6-7 p.m. Rita’s Italian Ice will be given out to the first 300 kids in attendance. This event is free for all camping guests. Non-race weekend camping guests are also invited to this event, as well as the Infield Block Party on Saturday night, with a $10 donation, per vehicle, to the track’s local fire company at the Gate 1 tunnel. The #POCONOMTNS Inclusive Playground, an area for kids of all abilities to learn, grow and play together, is located along Earnhardt Road and across from the Infield Block Party Stage in Pocono Raceway’s Infield. To learn more about the playground, visit www.poconoraceway.com/playground.
- Youth Autograph Session – Calling all kids! Bubba Wallace, Paul Menard and Eric Jones will be part of this year’s Youth Autograph Session. This kid-only event will be open to ages 14 and under behind Victory Lane in the Paddock at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, July 29th. Wristbands will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis at the same location starting at 8:30 a.m. A Pit/Paddock Pass is required for access to Paddock area. One autograph per child will be permitted.
- Tricky Triangle Club Featuring Rusty Wallace, William Byron and Ryan Blaney – The Tricky Triangle Club is Pocono Raceway’s #1 option for Fan Hospitality. It will feature Q&A sessions with past Pocono Raceway winners Rusty Wallace, William Byron and Ryan Blaney. Tricky Triangle Club ticket holders will receive exclusive access to the driver Q&A session, a Sunday Pit Pass, pre-race meal and beverages, four beer tickets (for those ages 21 and up), a chance to win giveaway and a welcome bag which includes an official Gander Outdoors 400 souvenir program. For information and to purchase your Tricky Triangle Club pass, please visit www.poconoraceway.com/ttc.
- Joey Logano Club Pocono Appearance – Joey Logano will make an appearance at Club Pocono at 10:45 a.m. ET on Sunday. This event is open to all Club Pocono ticket holder. In addition to the Logano Q&A, Club Pocono ticket holders receive a seating behind pit road, complimentary FanVision, infield parking pass and a Pre-Race Pit/Paddock Pass. Tickets can be purchased by visiting http://www.poconoraceway.com/ticket/nascar-2/sunday-clubs-boxes.
- Pre-Race Concert presented by ESSA Bank with Porter & Sayles – Stroudsburg, Pa., natives Christian Porter and Regina Sayles, known together as acclaimed musical duo Porter & Sayles, will perform a pre-race concert prior to the start of the Gander Outdoors 400 on Sunday, July 29. Get VIP access with a Pre-Race All Access Pass. Not only will fans with the All-Access Pass enjoy great music, featuring Porter & Sayles’ racing-inspired single “Buckled Up in Drive,” but you will also receive front-stage access to Monster Energy NASCAR Cup series Driver Introductions. Visitwww.poconoraceway.com/prerace for more details.
- 50/50 Raffle to Benefit the Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital – Pocono Raceway and the Mattioli Foundation will host a 50/50 Raffle to benefit the Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital. Fans have won over $100,000 to date during previous race weekend 50/50 raffles. Fans should look out for 50/50 Raffle volunteers, who will be roaming the entire facility, wearing bright yellow shirts all weekend long. Raffle tickets will also be sold near the Gate 8 Box Office and near Gate 11, located behind the Grandstand, and RV Registration, for when camping guests arrive. One lucky fan will be announced before the end of Sunday’s race as the winner of the raffle.
- Sensory Kits and Rooms, courtesy of KultureCity – Fans who have sensory issues will be able to access sensory rooms or receive a sensory bag. Earlier this year, Pocono Raceway announced their partnership with KultureCity to become the first motorsports inclusive motorsports facility in the world. Many staff members have been trained to recognize individuals who are having a sensory issue while visiting the track. Sensory bags and sensory rooms will be made available to any individual who needs them. Visit the Gate 8 Ticket Office or the Pocono Raceway merchandise hauler in the Paddock for more details or to obtain a sensory bag.
Before arriving to Pocono Raceway, guests should visit www.poconoraceway.com/faninfo for an A-Z guide of information including what items are approved for entry into the track, guest policies and much more.
*Date, times and locations are subject to change without notice. For tickets, certain terms, conditions and fees may apply.
Pocono Raceway PR