Talladega Superspeedway will host Track Laps for Charity along with the Talladega Garage Experience Presented by Coolray Open House on Saturday, August 5, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Donations will benefit the Alabama Firefighters Association as fans can pay $50 to drive two laps around the superspeedway in their personal vehicle. To register in advance, please visit Track Laps – Talladega Superspeedway to secure your experience.
“Talladega Superspeedway is excited to host the best fans once again for a day of family-friendly fun while partnering with the Alabama Firefighters Association,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Brian Crichton. “The AFA provides fire safety training while educating people on how important it is to be prepared for emergencies. To honor them here at the track is very special to me and I am looking forward to dedicating this event to a great cause.”
Fans can get their photo taken in Ruoff Mortgage Victory Lane with the famed Vulcan Trophy and enjoy the Talladega Garage Experience Presented by Coolray Open House free of charge. Big Bill’s Open Air Social Club will be a great place to lounge and enjoy value-priced concessions. The Game Zone and Kids Zone will also be open as it will be a jam-packed day of fun at the track.
“The Alabama Firefighters Association is excited to partner with Talladega Superspeedway to further our mission of enhancing education and safety through training,” said Josh Bryant, President of the Alabama Firefighters Association. “This partnership will allow us to expand both our Leadership Development and Explorer scholarship programs to more areas across the State. TSS has a long history of supporting and honoring first responders and we are proud to be a part of that.”
Talladega Superspeedway Track Laps participation guidelines include:
- Pre-registration highly recommended & payment required
- All vehicles must have a valid license plate and all drivers must have a valid drivers license. Minors (Under 19 years of age) with valid driver’s license must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian
- Vehicles deemed unsafe by TALLADEGA Staff will not be allowed onto the track
- Participants will enter the infield through the North Tunnel (Turn 4), and proceed to the staging area. The road will be marked with signage and traffic cones
- All participants are required to remain in their personal vehicle on pit road
- After taking your track laps, you may park your vehicle in the designated space and enter the Talladega Garage Experience
- Track rides will be paced at highway speed by TALLADEGA Staff. No vehicles allowed in the top lane, and no passing allowed
- No motorcycles, tractor-trailers, recreational vehicles, etc. may be used for track rides.
- All participants must sign a track wavier
The fall racing action at Talladega kicks off Saturday, September 30, with the NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series Love’s RV Stop 250 during the Round of 8 for the NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series Playoffs. Then the sun sets and the party starts with HARDY’s performance for the Saturday Night Concert Presented by Cabo Wabo© Tequila. Saturday’s excitement continues into Sunday with the return of the YellaWood 500 during the NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs Round of 12, as drivers prepare to tackle the iconic 33-degree banking. Admission to HARDY’s concert is free with purchase of tickets to Sunday’s race.
For ticketing information and more details about upcoming events, including the fall Playoff weekend, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. Fans are also encouraged to keep up with all the happenings at Talladega Superspeedway by following along on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, as well as in the NASCAR Tracks App for the latest speedway news.