Phoenix Raceway joins NASCAR, The NASCAR Foundation, Speedway Motorsports and Speedway Children’s Charities for the first-ever NASCAR Day Giveathon, an online giving campaign to raise $750,000 in charitable funds for local charities in all 50 states, including Arizona.
Each participating nonprofit organizations has its own online Giveathon page to solicit donations at www.nascardaygiveathon.org. Donors visiting the site can designate funds throughout the 75-hour window.
“We’re elated to kick-off the NASCAR Day Giveathon and raise funds for nonprofit organizations across our racing communities. We want to encourage everyone to donate during the next 75 hours and help make a difference,” said Nichole Krieger, Vice President and Executive Director of The NASCAR Foundation. “There’s no better way to celebrate NASCAR’s 75th anniversary than coming together along with our sponsors to make the NASCAR Day Giveathon event an impactful initiative.”
Participating charities in Arizona include:
- Courage Under Cancer Foundation – Apache Jct, AZ
- Chandler School Boosters Inc. – Chandler, AZ
- 1 VETERAN FOUNDATION – Cortaro, AZ
- Lowell Observatory – Flagstaff, AZ
- Aris Foundation Inc. – Gilbert, AZ
- Arizona Prostate Cancer Coalition Inc. – Gilbert, AZ
- Laurens Institute for Education – Gilbert, AZ
- Camp Not-a-wheeze Corporation – Mesa, AZ
- 100 CLUB OF ARIZONA – Phoenix, AZ
- ARIZONA COUNCIL ON ECONOMIC EDUCATION – Phoenix, AZ
- ARMER FOUNDATION FOR KIDS – Phoenix, AZ
- BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF CENTRAL ARIZONA – Phoenix, AZ
- NEW PATHWAYS FOR YOUTH – Phoenix, AZ
- NICK AND KELLY CHILDREN’S HEART FUND – ARIZONA COMM – Phoenix, AZ
- UMOM NEW DAY CENTERS INC. – Phoenix, AZ
- Women In Motorsports North America Inc. – Phoenix, AZ
- Arizona Burn Foundation Inc. – Phoenix, AZ
- Companion Pets In Crisis – Phoenix, AZ
- Mental Health America of Arizona – Phoenix, AZ
- OCJ Kids – Phoenix, AZ
- CHILDHELP, INC. – Scottsdale, AZ
- Cochise Family Advocacy Center Inc Dba Loris Place – Sierra Vista, AZ
- Valors On 8th – Tempe, AZ
- Reentry By Design Inc. – Tempe, AZ
- UNITED WAY OF TUCSON AND SOUTHERN ARIZONA – Tucson, AZ
- Beads Of Courage Inc. – Tucson, AZ
- Hermitage Cat Shelter – Tucson, AZ
The Giveathon, which runs from Tuesday, May 16 at 5:00 p.m. ET until 8:00 p.m. ET on Friday, May 19, features bonus grants and matching gift donations for nonprofit organizations as well as T-shirts and memorabilia items as incentives for donors.
Every hour during the 75-hour window, NASCAR and Speedway Motorsports will randomly award one (1) $750 bonus grant to charities who receive at least one $25 donation during that hour.
Additionally, matching gift donations will be available throughout the day of May 19 thanks to the generosity of Giveathon sponsors, including NASCAR, Speedway Motorsports, Coca-Cola, Jeep Beach, and First Nation Group. Sponsors will continue to match donations in their designated hour until they reach their specified dollar amount. The following breakdown explains the matching gift donations per hour available on Thursday, May 19 from 9 a.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET.
|9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. ET||NASCAR||$10,000 Match|
|10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. ET||Speedway Motorsports||$10,000 Match|
|11:00 a.m. – Noon ET||Jeep Beach||$10,000 Match|
|1:00 p.m.– 2:00 p.m. ET||First Nation Group |
|4:00 p.m.– 5:00 p.m. ET||Jeep Beach||$15,000 Match|
|5:00 p.m.– 6:00 p.m. ET||Coca-Cola||$25,000 Match|
|6:00 p.m.– 7:00 p.m. ET||NASCAR||$15,000 Match|
|7:00 p.m.– 8:00 p.m. ET||Speedway Motorsports||$15,000 Match|
Donor incentives include the opportunity to be listed on the bed of three GMS Racing Chevrolet Silverado RSTs competing in the NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series at North Wilkesboro on Saturday, May 20; a commemorative Helmet for the first 100 donors who contribute $750 or more; a commemorative coin for the first 300 donors of $50 or more; and a commemorative t-shirt for the first 3,000 donors of $75 or more.
NASCAR fans can also follow along throughout the 75-hour window by tuning into the SiriusXM NASCAR Radio channel and following The NASCAR Foundation’s social channels, which will feature charity spotlights through the campaign
For more information and to make a donation, go to www.nascardaygiveathon.org
Phoenix Raceway PR