- Trackhouse Racing driver Ross Chastain finished 13th and teammate Daniel Suárez 17th in Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway.
- The results put Chastain second and Suárez 17th in the 2023 point standings.
- Chastain led 31 laps Sunday but was forced to take the wave around when a late caution fell a few laps after he made a pit stop. He was able to climb to 13th before the checkered flag fell.
- Suárez led seven laps (300-306) and restarted the race in sixth with 45 laps remaining, but handling issues dropped the No. 99 to 17th.
- Suárez earned 10 bonus points and Chastain five in the first two stages.
- Suárez started the race in second before finishing fourth in the first stage while Chastain started 31st and finished 27th.
- Chastain led laps 136-166 in the second stage after he stayed on the track during a caution. He finished the stage in sixth and Suárez in eighth.
- The next race is Sunday, April 23 on Fox at 3 p.m. EDT at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway.
“A great call by my crew chief Phil Surgen to stay out during that one caution to take the lead and get all of that track position was huge. Track position was huge because it was so hard to pass and I got us behind to start the day by not qualifying well. Overall, we made the most of our day in the Unishippers Chevy. “
– Ross Chastain
“Very disappointed with our finish. Our Worldwide Express Chevrolet was fast today but we had something wrong at the end of the race on the final run. There was a lot of good today and a lot we can learn from.”
Trackhouse Racing PR