Fans once again have the opportunity to take a charitable “drive” around Talladega Superspeedway in efforts to raise money for the track’s outreach fund, ‘Dega Gives. With a $50 donation, participants can buckle up behind the wheel of their own vehicle and drive four thrilling laps on the high banks of the mammoth venue on Saturday, June 30.
‘Dega Gives, introduced last fall at NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track, provides fans and the local communities the opportunity to take their street legal vehicle on the 2.66-mile track behind a Talladega Safety/Pace truck. Gates will open to the public at 9 a.m. CDT and the drives will conclude at 2 p.m. CDT.
Other guidelines for ‘Dega Gives include:
- TSS Emergency Services will determine the number of vehicles that will be on track at one time
- Participants behind the wheel must be 19 years of age or older
- Each vehicle must be equipped with enough seatbelts for all passengers. No motorcycles, RV’s or tractor trailers will be allowed on the track
- Participants must abide by TSS rules and regulations or be removed from the race track surface and property
- Participants/Vehicles dropping back or lagging behind and exceeding the paced highway speed will be removed from the track surface and property (as determined by TSS Emergency Services or Staff)
- No passing allowed; No vehicles allowed in/on top groove/lane of the race track
- Participants/Vehicles determined unsafe or unfit (as determined by TSS Emergency Services or Staff) will not be allowed onto the race track surface
- Participants must remain in vehicle at all times once they enter the race track surface
Cash or credit card will be acceptable upon arrival. For more information on Talladega Superspeedway’s track drive benefiting‘Dega Gives, call 256-362-2261 for Guest Services.
NASCAR’s doubleheader playoff weekend returns to Talladega Superspeedway Oct. 12-14 for the 1000Bulbs.com 500 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race and the Talladega 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event. For ticket information, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 855-518-RACE (7223).