Talladega Superspeedway will host Track Laps for Charity along with the Talladega Garage Experience Presented by Coolray Open House on Saturday, November 11, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. CT. Donations will benefit Toys For Tots as fans can pay $50 to drive three laps around the superspeedway in their personal vehicle. To register in advance, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/events/track-laps/ to secure your experience.
“We are so excited to partner with Toys For Tots with our final Track Laps for Charity event of 2023,” said Brian Crichton, President of Talladega Superspeedway. “We hope to have a huge turnout from our local community, as well as those from across the southeast, to raise funds and help make the holidays extra special for so many kids. We are also thrilled to have the Sleep in Heavenly Peace volunteers who will be constructing beds for children. This event is going to be extra special, and it’s a great way to have fun on the high banks for Talladega and support local children in our area.”
Toys For Tots will also be collecting new, unwrapped toys and will distribute those toys to less fortunate children during the holidays. The minimal $50 donation per car/truck for the laps will help raise funds for the speedway’s outreach fund, ‘DEGA Gives, a donor advised fund of The NASCAR Foundation, which will donate the money raised to Toys For Tots.
In addition, Sleep In Heavenly Peace, part of the United Way of North Talladega County, will be on site, along with a host of volunteers, to build 120 beds for children in our local community who sleep on the floor or do not have their own bed. With make-shift assembly lines, beds will be built, and be equipped with box frames and mattresses, pillows, sheets and comforters.
As part of the fourth and final Track Laps for Charity event of ’23, fans will be able to tour the popular Talladega Garage Experience Presented By Coolray during an open house. Fans can get their photo taken in Ruoff Mortgage Victory Lane with the coveted Vulcan Trophy that goes to each NASCAR Cup Series winner at Talladega. BIG BILL’s 35,000 square foot Open Air Social Club, the epicenter of the TGE, will be a great place to lounge and enjoy value-priced concessions, plus see the garage bays where NASCAR teams prepare the cars during a race weekend. The Game Zone and Kids Zone, which is part of TGE’s 140,000 square-feet of open area, will also be open as it will be a jam-packed day of fun at the track.
Talladega Superspeedway Track Laps participation guidelines include:
- Pre-registration highly recommended & payment required
- All vehicles must have a valid license plate and all drivers must have a valid driver’s license. Minors (Under 19 years of age) with valid driver’s license must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian
- Vehicles deemed unsafe by Talladega Staff will not be allowed onto the track
- Participants will enter the infield through the North Tunnel (Turn 4) and proceed to the staging area. The road will be marked with signage and traffic cones
- All participants are required to remain in their personal vehicle on pit road
- After taking your track laps, you may park your vehicle in the designated space and enter the Talladega Garage Experience
- Track rides will be paced at highway speed by Talladega Staff. No vehicles allowed in the top lane, and no passing allowed
- No motorcycles, tractor-trailers, recreational vehicles, etc. may be used for track rides.
- All participants must sign a track wavier
For ticketing information and more details about upcoming events, including the 2024 race weekends, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. Fans are also encouraged to keep up with all the happenings at Talladega Superspeedway by following along on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, as well as in the NASCAR Tracks App for the latest speedway news.
Talladega Superspeedway PR