Racing America (RA) announced today they are launching the Mics Are Hot: with Kaitlyn and Heather video podcast featuring long-time racing personalities Kaitlyn Vincie and Heather DeBeaux. The show will be produced by Racing America’s Head of Content, Christa Leader, and will debut Aug. 10 on all Racing America platforms and anywhere podcasts are available. Kaitlyn and Heather will take an inside-look at the sport of auto racing each week, showcasing their jobs as journalists by interviewing racing personalities, and providing a unique look at racing with an eye toward more macro level topics and even delving into pop culture. The first two episodes will feature Justin Marks, the owner of TrackHouse Racing and the former championship crew chief Cole Pearn respectively.
Mics Are Hot, which will be the only female hosted and produced NASCAR podcast, will fit nicely into Racing America’s business priorities of creating and publishing live and on-demand motorsports content on their three main platforms – RacingAmerica.com, RacingAmerica.TV (OTT platform) and Racing America Channel (24/7 fast, free streaming service).
NOTES OF INTEREST:
· Mics Are Hot: Kaitlyn Vincie and Heather DeBeaux have both spent over a decade in motorsports working with FOX, NASCAR, PRN, DirtVision, SpeedTV, and local short tracks across the country and have held a myriad of jobs covering auto racing. Kaitlyn is currently a host of NASCAR Race Hub and the NASCAR Trucks pre-race show for FOX Sports. Heather DeBeaux is a pit reporter for the ARCA Series and NASCAR Trucks on FOX Sports. Follow both Kaitlyn and Heather on social media at – Twitter: @kaitlynvincie, @heatherdebeaux and on IG @kaitlyn_vincie.
· Let’s Chat: The topics for the show will certainly be the items making headlines as they’ll be centered around the themes most talked about in racing. One thing is for sure — it will not be ANOTHER RECAP SHOW!The dialogue will cover the theme but will be centered around getting to know the guest better by taking a more candid or conversational approach. Topics could range from how new team ownership is making an impact to what are the best restaurants in a NASCAR city and everything in between. The hosts will use their inside knowledge and enthusiasm for the sport to bring the audience to a podcast they have never heard before.
· Racing America: Between Racing America and its owner teams, they hold over 10 million followers on their social and digital platforms, while the Racing America Channel has seen over 7 million viewers since its launch last year, making Racing America a popular destination for racing fans.
· Colin Smith, President, Racing America: “We are thrilled to be launching this new podcast with Kaitlyn and Heather. We feel so fortunate to bring such talented racing veterans to the show and then to add Racing America’s own head of content, Christa Leader as the producer, gives us the ability to take on any topic – both the serious and light-hearted. We wanted to create a podcast that is about the people and the group of talent gives us the ability to do just that.”
· Kaitlyn Vincie: “I’m really looking forward to partnering with my long-time colleague and friend, Heather DeBeaux on this new project. It’s exciting to see an all-female-led podcast coming into the NASCAR space from on-air talent to production. Having all worked together for many years in the motorsports industry, this combination comes with a lot of mutual respect and the common goal of superb storytelling. With longer form interviews, we hope to bring viewers and listeners behind-the-curtain in ways they never have been before.”
· Heather DeBeaux: “I’m extremely excited and honored to be a part of this podcast. The opportunity for Kaitlyn and myself to work alongside each other again has been something we have wanted to do for years. Adding Christa into the mix as our producer makes us a triple threat of driven individuals who are very passionate about what we do. I look forward to combining our skills to tell the stories of people in the racing industry from a unique perspective and sharing them with our audience each episode.”