Newman at Martinsville Speedway
· Newman returns to Martinsville for his 40th Cup race this weekend, one of his best tracks statistically with a 14.9 average finish. He has 17 top-10 and eight top-five finishes at the 1-mile track.
· Newman won the spring race back in 2012, leading the final 12 laps after starting fifth. He’s completed just under 98 percent of all the laps at ‘The Paperclip,’ and finished top-10 in nearly 45 percent of his starts.
· In the last four races at Martinsville, Newman has finished 10th, 12th, 18th and 19th.
· He also ran second in 2007 and finished third twice (2004, 2014).
Luke Lambert at Martinsville Speedway
· Lambert will call his 19th Cup event from Martinsville on Sunday, where he carries a 15.3 average finish. He has six top-10s and one top five at ‘The Paperclip.’
· He led Newman to the third-place run in the 2014 fall race for his best finish, and also led Jeff Burton to a sixth-place finish in 2011. Most recently he led Chris Buescher to 13th this spring, and also finished 13th with him in the 2020 spring event.
Newman on racing at Martinsville:
“Martinsville has always been a track I enjoy running at. A lot goes into having a good day there with managing the brakes and keeping your stuff in line for late in the race. Short tracks is something we’ve focused on in previous months and we’ll see what we’ve got come Halloween Sunday in the Kohler Ford Mustang.”
Last Time Out
Newman finished 27th last weekend in Kansas.
On the Car
Kohler Generators returns to the No. 6 Ford Mustang for its final primary race of 2021. As part of Halloween weekend, Kohler will run a unique look on the No. 6 helping commemorate the holiday.