- Deegan makes her fourth start of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season in the No. 1 Built Ford Tough Ford F-150 on Saturday afternoon at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The rookie driver will start from the 28th position.
- Deegan is making her second consecutive start at a mile-and-a-half venue. At the last Truck Series race two weeks ago in Las Vegas, Deegan started 30th and finished 28th after suffering damage from a multi-car accident put her multiple laps down for repair.
- This weekend’s livery is the same scheme Deegan ran in her Truck Series debut last year at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City. The notable difference is the number change from the No. 17 to No. 1. Deegan started 34th and finished 16th in her truck debut last season.
- Veteran crew chief Mike Hillman Jr. has 23 wins in the NCWTS, including one at Atlanta – Todd Bodine in March 2006.
- Click here for Deegan’s career statistics.
What made you want to race in NASCAR?
- “I would say that when you look at auto racing in America, NASCAR is at the top of the list. As someone who came from off-road racing, I felt like I kind of capped out there. I was at the pro level at 15 years old, and I was wondering where I should go next in my career. NASCAR racing is definitely a challenge and I knew it would be a challenge for me, but it’s something I want to work at.”
What are your goals in motorsports?
- “That’s something I’ve talked with my crew chief a lot about. Realistic goals are to go out there and run a clean race, don’t make mistakes early in the race and to be able to get experience throughout the race is crucial since there’s no practice or qualifying. The races are really the only time I have to learn on-track stuff. It’s important for me to learn as much as I can about the trucks.”
Do you have any sort of workout routine or anything you to do physically prepare for the race?
- “I love working out. I would say that if I have any hobby, it would be working out and going to the gym. That’s something I’ve been doing my whole life. I have my regimen of what I like to do – cardio, lifting weights, running. Working out is a big part of my life.”
Connexions Sports and Entertainment PR