The Dash 4 Cash program is back for the NASCAR Xfinity Series and this time the schedule is a little different compared to past years due to a revised 2020 schedule as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The program will wrap up this weekend at Pocono Raceway on Sunday, June 28 (12:30 p.m. ET on FS1, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio).
Dash 4 Cash kicked off at Atlanta Motor Speedway where Noah Gragson won the season’s first installment.
The second race of the Homestead-Miami Speedway doubleheader was the second installment and AJ Allmendinger grabbed the $100,000 bonus.
Last weekend at Talladega Superspeedway, Allmendinger’s teammate Ross Chastain took home the money.
Pocono Raceway marks the finale for the 2020 Dash 4 Cash program and Justin Haley, Chastain, Alex Labbe and Austin Cindric are the four drivers competing for the $100,000.
Although Jeb Burton finished Talladega in a position that would qualify him to contend for the bonus at Pocono, he is not racing in this weekend’s race. Therefore Labbe rose into contention as the next-highest finishing Xfinity Series points racer who was also entered in Pocono.
Xfinity is making donation in each Dash 4 Cash race market to reaffirm their companywide commitment of connecting families, veterans and seniors to the digital tools necessary for navigating these challenging times.
At Pocono, the donations will go to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Boys & Girls Clubs give young people in need the developmental tools to achieve great futures as productive, responsible citizens in the community. This donation will help ensure these academic and character-building programs continue through the crisis, so young people have the tools they need to live healthy lifestyles and contribute to the community.
Here’s a brief summary on the Dash 4 Cash initiative so far:
- NASCAR Xfinity Series drivers will compete for four positions in Dash 4 Cash events
- Atlanta Motor Speedway: Noah Gragson, Chase Briscoe, Brandon Jones and Harrison Burton
- Homestead-Miami Speedway (2): AJ Allmendinger, Noah Gragson, Justin Haley and Daniel Hemric
- Talladega Superspeedway: AJ Allmendinger, Chase Briscoe, Brandon Jones and Ross Chastain
- Pocono Raceway: Justin Haley, Ross Chastain, Jeb Burton and Austin Cindric
- Of the four competing for Dash 4 Cash, the highest finisher wins the $100,000 prize
Dash 4 Cash Qualifiers for Pocono:
- Justin Haley (No. 11 Kaulig Racing Chevrolet) – Haley will be making his second career Xfinity Series start at Pocono this weekend. Last season was his track debut and he finished ninth. Haley had two starts at the track in the Gander Trucks and finished fifth (2018) and 10th (2017).
- Ross Chastain (No. 10 Kaulig Racing Chevrolet) – Chastain has a lot of experience at Pocono among all three series. Chastain has four starts in the Xfinity Series at Pocono and a best finish of 11th in 2018. In the Gander Trucks, Chastain finished 10th in his first start at Pocono, finished fifth in his second start and last season, he won the race.
- Austin Cindric (No. 22 Team Penske Ford) – Cindric will be making his third start at Pocono this weekend. His first was in 2018 and he finished fourth and last season, he finished seventh. He made one start in the Gander Trucks at the track in 2017 and finished seventh.
- Alex Labbe (No. 90 DGM Racing Chevrolet) – Labbe has made just one start at Pocono Raceway in the Xfinity Series, finishing 18th in 2018.