The Dash 4 Cash program is back for the NASCAR Xfinity Series and this time the schedule is a little different compared to past years due to a revised 2020 schedule as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dash 4 Cash kicked off at Atlanta Motor Speedway two weekends ago where Noah Gragson won the season’s first installment.
Last weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway, AJ Allmendinger grabbed the second $100,000 bonus.
As the Xfinity Series heads to Talladega Superspeedway this weekend for the Unhinged 300 (5:30 p.m. ET on FS1, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio), Allmendinger, Chase Briscoe, Brandon Jones and Ross Chastain will be the drivers competing for the prize money.
Xfinity is making donation in each Dash 4 Cash race market to reaffirm their companywide commitment of connecting families, veterans and seniors to the digital tools necessary for navigating these challenging times.
At Talladega Superspeedway the donation will go to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Alabama, which gives young people in need the developmental tools to achieve great futures as productive, responsible citizens in the community. The donation will help with academic and character-building programs to continue through the crisis.
Here’s a brief summary on the Dash 4 Cash initiative so far:
- NASCAR Xfinity Series drivers will compete for four positions in Dash 4 Cash events
- Atlanta Motor Speedway: Noah Gragson, Chase Briscoe, Brandon Jones and Harrison Burton
- Homestead-Miami Speedway (2): AJ Allmendinger, Noah Gragson, Justin Haley and Daniel Hemric
- Talladega Superspeedway: AJ Allmendinger, Chase Briscoe, Brandon Jones and Ross Chastain
- Pocono Raceway: Four highest-finishing drivers from Talladega
- Of the four competing for Dash 4 Cash, the highest finisher wins the $100,000 prize, and automatically moves on to defend the title at the next event.
- The next three highest-finishing NASCAR Xfinity Series drivers, for four total competitors, will join the previous Dash 4 Cash winner to compete for the next week’s event.
Dash 4 Cash Qualifiers for Talladega:
- AJ Allmendinger (No. 16 Kaulig Racing Chevrolet) – Allmendinger had never made a start at Talladega in the Xfinity Series so this weekend will mark his debut. However, he’s made 18 starts at the track in the Cup Series and has one top-five and three top 10 finishes.
- Chase Briscoe (No. 98 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford) – Briscoe will be making his third start at Talladega in the Xfinity Series this weekend. He finished fourth last season at the track and has an average finish of 10.0. Briscoe also made one start at the track in the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series in 2017 and started fifth but finished 22nd.
- Brandon Jones (No. 19 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota) – Jones has four starts at Talladega and a best finish of runner-up in 2018. Jones also made one start at the track in the in Gander Trucks and finished runner-up in 2015.
- Ross Chastain (No. 10 Kaulig Racing Chevrolet) – Chastain will make his sixth Xfinity Series start at Talladega on Saturday. In his previous five starts at Talladega he has put up two top-20 finishes. Chastain also has four starts at Talladega in the Gander Trucks with a best finish of third in 2013.