Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-105):
● Clint Bowyer started fifth and finished third, earning eight bonus points.
● Bowyer reported his car was loose in the early going, dropping to eighth.
● The No. 14 Busch Light For The Farmers Mustang climbed to fifth during the lap 25 competition caution pit stop.
● Bowyer moved to third after the Lap 31 restart and held his position through a lap 67 pit stop.
● After a caution, Bowyer restarted third for a six-lap shootout to close out Stage 1.
● Bowyer climbed as high as second in the final laps before finishing the stage in third.
● Bowyer started Stage 2 in first after a quick stop by the pit crew during the stage break.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 106-210):
● Bowyer started first and finished ninth, earning two bonus points.
● The No. 14 Busch Light For The Farmers Mustang held the lead until lap 146 when Bowyer pitted for a tire coming apart.
● Bowyer reclaimed the lead on lap 162 when the rest of the field pitted under green.
● Bowyer held the lead until lap 185 when Martin Truex Jr. and three others drove by on fresher tires.
● A late caution allowed the field to pit and Bowyer restarted the race in seventh with four laps remaining.
● Bowyer survived some wild racing in the final laps to finish the stage in ninth.
Final Stage Recap (211- 325 Laps):
● Bowyer started eighth and finished 20th.
● The No. 14 Busch Light For The Farmers Mustang jumped to sixth at the start of the stage.
● Bowyer raced in eighth before pitting under green with 61 laps remaining.
● With 25 to go and running seventh, Bowyer told his crew he doubted his tires would hold out to the end.
● He was correct and forced to pit for new tires with 14 laps remaining.
● Bowyer didn’t have enough to time race back to the front of the field and finished 20th, a lap down to the leader.
● Bowyer led three times for 58 laps to increase his laps-led total at Atlanta to 173.
● Harvick’s margin of victory over second-place Kyle Busch was 3.527 seconds.
● There were five caution periods for a total of 24 laps.
● Only 10 of the 40 drivers in the race finished on the lead lap.
● Harvick remains the championship leader after Atlanta with a 48-point advantage over second-place Joey Logano.
Clint Bowyer, driver of the No. 14 Busch Light For the Farmers Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“That stunk. We were fast today, but kept burning up tires. Just disappointed. We’ll go back at it Wednesday in Martinsville.”
The next event on the NASCAR Cup Series schedule is the Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 500 on Wednesday, June 10 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. The race starts at 7 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by FS1 and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.