Current Series/Occupation: Retired NASCAR Cup Series Driver, NBC Sports Analyst
NASCAR National Series Stats at Talladega Superspeedway
NASCAR Cup Series: 36 starts, 6 wins, 12 top fives, 17 top 10s
NASCAR Xfinity Series: 9 starts, 1 win, 4 top fives, 7 top 10s
NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series: N/A
· Made his national series track debut in 1998 in the Xfinity Series – finishing second.
· He won his first Talladega Cup Series race in just his fourth series start at the track – fall of 2001. And it was the first of four straight wins at the track.
· Won his first Xfinity Series race at Talladega in 2003.
· Made his debut as an NBC broadcaster in 2018
· Retired from full-time racing at the end of 2017
· His first NASCAR national series win was in 1998 at Texas Motor Speedway for the Gander Trucks
· In 2000, he got his first Cup Series win, also at Texas Motor Speedway in his first full season in the series
· Won the Cup Series Most Popular Driver Award for 15 straight years (2003-2017)
· Won the 1998 and 1999 NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship
· In 1999, won the Xfinity Series Rookie-of-the-Year Award
· Team owner of Xfinity Series team JR Motorsports, collecting 47 wins since 2005
Overall iRacing Stats
· 418 starts, 194 wins, 334 top fives, 188 poles
· Finished runner-up at virtual Homestead-Miami Speedway
· Finished 6th at virtual Texas Motor Speedway
· Finished 22nd at virtual Bristol Motor Speedway
· Finished 8th at virtual Richmond Raceway