Carson Hocevar will make his second career NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (NGOTS) start, Friday, November 8, at ISM Raceway (Phoenix) for Hill Motorsports / Jordan Anderson Racing. Friday’s Lucas Oil 150 will be Hocevar’s first ever NASCAR race on pavement, with the prior start at historic Eldora Speedway earlier in 2019. Hocevar will drive chassis 008, the same chassis Chase Elliott drove to victory lane with at Martinsville in 2017.
– Hocevar will climb behind the wheel of the #56 Chevrolet Silverado on Friday, with crew chief Darren Fraley calling the shots. Team owner Jordan Anderson will be making his 100th career NGOTS start at ISM Raceway, the same track he made his series debut at in 2014.
– Fellow West Michigan native and 2008 NASCAR Truck Series Champion, Johnny Benson Jr, will be alongside Hocevar at Phoenix working as a driver coach. Michigander Tim Fedewa will be high atop ISM Raceway, spotting for Hocevar.
– Hocevar and Anderson became acquainted through mutual partner LTi Printing. LTi Printing’s Executive Vice President and General Manager, John Sussell, has been instrumental in bringing support and partnership into motorsports over the last several years.
– 16-year-old Hocevar raced in the ARCA Menards Series in 2019 for Michigan based KBR Development. The Portage, Michigan youngster finished 2019 with four top-five and ten top-ten ARCA finishes, and captured the General Tire Pole Award at Salem Speedway in April.
– Hocevar, who is part of the Drivers Edge Development program in association with Chevrolet, won the 2017 Berlin Raceway Super Late Model track championship. Hocevar was also the JEGS/CRA Rookie of the Year in 2017, and is the youngest winner in JEGS/CRA Tour history.
– Hocevar’s red, white and black #56 Chevrolet Silverado will carry sponsorship from GMPartsNow.com, Precision Fleet Image, LTi Printing, Applebees, and Scott’s Coins, Jewelry and Sports.
– The NGOTS Lucas Oil 150 will be broadcast on FS1 at 8:30 p.m. ET. You can also listen on Motor Racing Network radio affiliates nationwide, as well as SiriusXM NASCAR Radio (Channel 90).
“I am really excited to get out west to Phoenix. Being able to race in the NASCAR Truck Series is really special and having the opportunity to make my second start for Jordan Anderson Racing this season is something I’m extremely grateful and excited for. Cannot thank all our partners enough for making this possible. We had a really good run at Eldora on the dirt, and although there will be a learning curve for me in our first truck start on pavement, I’m really fortunate to have a great group around me on Friday. I’ve been able take a lot of notes and did a ton of studying of past footage at ISM. I was also able to be in team shop all last week to talk to and work with our crew chief Darren (Fraley) and crew guys in preparation for the race.”
Kevin Striegle on behalf of Carson Hocevar