Quaker State is proud to host the 9th annual Quaker State 400 Presented by Walmart, part of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS), at Kentucky Speedway. The triple-header motorsports weekend is headlined by the Quaker State 400, the final race on the 1.5-mile tri-oval speedway taking place on Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 7:30PM EST and will be broadcast live on NBC Sports Network.
“The Quaker State 400 is the longest running race entitlement partnership in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, as we currently enter our ninth year,” said Carlos Maurer, President of Pennzoil-Quaker State Company. “To celebrate Quaker States’ more than 100 years in motorsports, we decided to get the fans involved by allowing them to vote on, and ultimately decide which of three throwback paint schemes Paul Menard would sport during Saturday evening’s race. Keeping on the throwback theme, throughout the weekend, fans can visit the Quaker State Pit Stop Fan Zone outside the track to check out some truly historic Quaker State race cars and priceless memorabilia!”
2019 Race Fan Experiences:
- The Quaker State Pit Stop Fan Zone will be buzzing with nostalgic motorsports racing history, including Quaker State memorabilia (signage, race team gear, advertisements) and vintage race cars from Quaker State driving legends:
- Tony Pedregon’s 2004 Chevy Camaro Funny Car
- Brett Bodine’s 1992 Ford Thunderbird driven in the 1992-93 season
- Steve Kinser’s 2004 Popeye 75th Anniversary Sprint Car
- To celebrate Kentucky Speedway’s 20th anniversary and honor the brand’s over 100-year history, Quaker State designed three throwback paint schemes inspired by famous Quaker State drivers and their cars. Leading up to the race, fans had the chance to bring back a piece of racing history by voting online for their favorite paint scheme of years past. The winning design, Steve Kinser’s 2005 Quaker State Sprint Car that earned his record-setting 20th World of Outlaws championship, won fans’ hearts all over again, and the No. 21 Wood Brothers Ford Mustang, driven by Paul Menard, will don the design during the Quaker State 400.
- In the center of the display will be a replica Quaker State 400 trophy where fans can capture the feeling of being in victory lane with family and friends and take the perfect photo using #QS400.
- Fans in the area can spin the prize wheel for a chance to win Quaker State branded swag or enter for a chance to win a custom Quaker State racing helmet signed by Paul Menard.
- Fans attending the race will receive a Quaker State-green rally towel as they enter the gates, while supplies last. Race-goers will be encouraged to show their support for their favorite drivers by waving their towel from the time they approach the starting line until they take the checkered flag.
Quaker State ‘VIPs’:
- Tommy Pike Customs will have four of its custom builds on display, including: a 1969 Ford F100 aka “The Quaker State Truck”, a 1971 Ford Bronco, a 2017 Toyota Tundra and a 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL.
- Lowrider Magazine will have a presence in the footprint to showcase some low rider vehicles. Fans will have the opportunity to meet and take photographs with Lowrider Magazine’s editor in chief, Joe Ray. Additionally, Lowrider Magazine will be teasing a custom build they’ll be working on with Quaker State before debuting the vehicle at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas in November 2019.
- On Saturday, Quaker State Fishing League Worldwide pro-angler Jimmy Houston will host an open fishing hour onsite at the track demonstrating how to cast a line like a pro, sign autographs and answer fan questions.
In addition to the Quaker State footprint, on Thursday, July 11, Quaker State and Hagerty will host a car show which is expected to feature about 100 vehicles! Enthusiasts and fans are encouraged to showcase their vehicles and enter into the car show to be judged and awarded recognition from some of Quaker State’s celebrity judges including Tom Cotter from Barn Find Hunters, Tommy Pike of Tommy Pike Customs and Joe Ray, Editor in Chief of Lowrider Magazine.
Sport Dimensions PR