On the heels of Dover International Speedway’s announcement last month about free Harlem Globetrotters performances, the Micro Wrestling Federation will also perform multiple free shows in the FanZone on Saturday, May 4 and Sunday, May 5, as part of the Monster Mile’s 50th anniversary celebration, track officials said today.
It’s just one of many attractions coming to the Monster Mile during the May 3-5 NASCAR tripleheader weekend, including a 100-plus vehicle Hot Rod and Collector Car Show presented by the Del Rods Car Club, the Winston Cup Mobile Museum, Industrial Rhythm performances, Bear Hollow Wood Carvers, Monster Truck rides, and more.
The Micro Wrestling Federation has been drawing fans across the nation for almost 20 years for its shows featuring high-flying action, body slams and leaps from the top rope. Formed in 2000, the Micro Wrestling Federation features an entire cast of athletes and performers under 5 feet tall.
“During our 50th anniversary celebration, the entertainment options in our FanZone will be bigger and better than ever,” said Dover International Speedway President and CEO Mike Tatoian. “Before the green flag drops on the excitement on the track, fans will have the chance to enjoy plenty of free entertainment outside the grandstands.”
Other fan activities coming during the Monster Mile’s May 3-5 NASCAR tripleheader weekend include:
• Harlem Globetrotters (previously announced): The legendary basketball team that wows fans of all ages with its ball skills, trick shots, comedy and more, will hold multiple free performances on May 5.
First organized in 1926, the Globetrotters perform over 400 shows around the world each year with its distinctive red, white and blue uniforms. The exhibition team is known for its colorful personalities, audience interaction and supreme basketball skills.
• Winston Cup Mobile Museum: Features classic race cars, artifacts, photos and mementos from more than 30 years of NASCAR history. Winston (R.J. Reynolds) was the primary sponsor of the NASCAR Cup Series from 1971 through 2003. Cars on display will include Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s No. 8 Chevrolet from his rookie season, a No. 3 Chevrolet driven by Dale Earnhardt Sr., a No. 43 Pontiac driven by Richard Petty, a No. 24 Chevrolet driven by Jeff Gordon and a No. 11 Chevrolet driven by Terry Labonte.
• Del Rods Car Club: The Delaware-based organization will bring hot rod and collector cars to the eight-acre FanZone. The vehicles will be on display on Saturday, May 4 and Sunday, May 5 and trophies will be awarded for the “Best in Show” car each day.
“The Del Rods Car Club would like to thank Dover International Speedway for allowing us this opportunity to be a part of their 50th anniversary celebration,” said Del Rods Car Club President Rich Selg Sr.
• Industrial Rhythm: The New York-based dance and percussion group’s shows deliver high-energy music and choreography through its use of regular items such as buckets, keyboards, trash cans and briefcases to create a unique sound.
• Bear Hollow Wood Carvers: Skilled chainsaw artists create one-of-a-kind sculptures, both small and large. The unique creations will then be auctioned off throughout the weekend.
• Monster Truck Rides: Before the green flag flies inside the track, get the thrill of rolling around the FanZone in a real monster truck.
• Expanded Monster Mile Youth Nation: Designed for NASCAR fans age 12 and under, this free area is filled with fun and games for the next generation of fans to explore and enjoy on race weekend.
Tickets for children under 12 are free for Friday and Saturday races and start at just $10 for Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races on Sunday.
The May 3-5 NASCAR tripleheader weekend includes the “JEGS 200” NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series race on Friday, May 3, the NASCAR Xfinity Series Dash 4 Cash race on Saturday, May 4 and the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race on Sunday, May 5.
The Oct. 4-6 NASCAR tripleheader weekend includes the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race on Friday, Oct. 4, the NASCAR Xfinity Series playoff race on Saturday, Oct. 5 and the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series playoff race on Sunday, Oct. 6. The Oct. 6, 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series playoff race will be the 100th NASCAR Cup Series race in track history. Dover International Speedway will be the 10th track in the nation to host 100 NASCAR Cup Series races.
Dover International Speedway PR