Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started 28th and worked his way up to 17th before an early caution on lap three. He gained six additional spots over the course of Stage 1 and finished in the 11th place.
– The Nutri Chomps team started Stage 2 in 13th and finished 10th to earn one stage point.
– Briscoe and the No. 98 team started 11th in the final stage after a four tire pit stop at the conclusion of Stage 2.
– The No. 98 Ford lost a lap to the leaders, but took a wave around to regain his lap during a late-race caution with 12 laps remaining.
– Briscoe would pit for four tires and fuel during the caution and restart 10th.
– A caution during overtime would bring Briscoe up to seventh. He fell back to ninth, but gained one spot before the checkered flag to score his first top-10 finish of 2019.
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Qualifying was canceled due to inclement weather. The starting lineup was set based on 2018 Owner’s Points.
– As a result of winning the 2018 Owner’s Points, Custer started on the pole of the Boyd Gaming 300.
– He finished first in Stage 1 to earn 10 stage points and one playoff point. Custer lost three spots on pit road following the stage end.
– The No. 00 team started fourth and finished fourth in Stage 2 to earn seven additional stage points.
– The Haas Automation Ford Mustang started fourth in the final stage after a four-tire pit stop.
– Custer fell back to seventh early in Stage 3 and would gain two spots before pitting for four-tires, fuel and a track bar adjustment running fifth with 51 laps to go.
– Custer would restart fifth after a caution with eight laps remaining in the race.
– A caution with two laps remaining forced Custer to restart in fifth. Custer experienced problems when shifting into third gear, but was able to score a ninth-place finish.
– Custer scored his second consecutive top-10 finish of 2019 and his third straight at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Race Winner: Kyle Busch of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Next Up: NASCAR Xfinity Series 200 at 4 p.m. EST on Saturday, March 9 from ISM Raceway broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“Overall to come out of here with a top-10 finish after how bad we struggled earlier in the week is something to look up to. We will go to ISM Raceway next week and see what we can do. The wind really picked up with about 40 laps to go and could really feel it down the backstretch into turn three and out of four. I’ve never really felt a difference with the wind in these Xfinity cars, but today it was certainly something that caught our eye.”
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang:
“We won the first stage and led just about every lap during that run, but we lost track position on pit road and restarts. I thought we had a really good long run car, but it’s hard to make up all that time we lost at the beginning of the run. At the end of the race it felt like we ran out of gas on the restart and gave up a ton of time and we also picked up some damage. We had a pretty decent car but couldn’t get the entire run to work. We will go to ISM Raceway next weekend where we will focus on making everything go our way and hopefully end up in victory lane.”