Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-20):
● Kevin Harvick started 15th, finished 25th.
● After a caution on lap three, Harvick advanced to the 12th position.
● On lap 17, Harvick pitted the Busch Beer Ford Fusion under green-flag conditions for four tires and fuel.
● At the end of the stage, Harvick stayed out of the pits and advanced the Busch Beer Ford to the top-10.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 21-40):
● Started seventh, finished seventh, earning four bonus points.
● Harvick fell to the eighth position, where he piloted the Busch Beer Ford Fusion for the majority of Stage 2.
● He battled back into the seventh position and did not pit at the conclusion of the stage.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 41-90):
● Started seventh and finished 10th.
● During the opening laps of the final stage, Harvick was stuck in traffic and fell back to the 10th position.
● On lap 52, crew chief Rodney Childers radioed the Busch Beer Ford to the pits. Just as Harvick came within a car length from pit road, a caution was called, forcing him back on track.
● Harvick pitted under the caution period for four tires, fuel and adjustments to correct loose-handling conditions. He restarted in 10th place.
● Harvick battled to keep the Busch Beer Ford in and around the top-10 for the remainder of the race, finishing in 10th.
● This was Harvick’s 18th top-10 finish of 2018 and his ninth top-10 in 18 career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts at Watkins Glen.
● Harvick finished seventh in Stage 2 to earn an additional four bonus points.
● Chase Elliott won the Go Bowling at The Glen to score his first career Cup Series victory. His margin of victory over second-place Martin Truex Jr. was 7.560 seconds.
● There were four caution periods for a total of 11 laps.
● Twenty-four of the 37 drivers in the GoBowling at The Glen finished on the lead lap.
The next event on the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series schedule is the Consumers Energy 400 on Sunday, Aug. 12 at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn. The race starts at 2:30 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by NBCSN beginning at 1:30 p.m.
TSC PR/Photo Credit Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images