Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-45):
● Custer started 36th, finished 11th.
● Custer piloted the Haas Automation Ford inside the top-15 before a lap-30 caution.
● He battled inside the top-10 during the closing laps, but noted tight-handling conditions and fell to 11th place.
● Custer pitted for four tires, fuel and chassis adjustments at the conclusion of Stage 1.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 46-90):
● Custer started 12th, finished 17th.
● Custer was caught in traffic during the restart and fought in and around the top-10 for the majority of the stage.
● During a lap-79 caution, Custer pitted for four tires, fuel and adjustments to restart 21st.
● Custer preserved the tires of his Haas Automation Mustang and did not pit after Stage 2 concluded.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 91-200):
● Custer started fifth, finished 13th.
● Custer sustained damage to his left-rear quarter panel on lap 101 after contact with another competitor, pushing him back to 14th.
● He pitted during a lap-130 caution for four tires, fuel and adjustments to correct tight-handling conditions.
● Custer restarted 10th and raced from the ninth position until he was caught in traffic and forced outside of the top-10.
● He drove his Haas Automation Ford to the 13th position before the race concluded.
● This was Custer’s third NASCAR Xfinity Series start at Dover.
● Eight cautions slowed the race for 45 laps.
● Only 23 of the 40 drivers finished on the lead lap.
● No NASCAR Cup Series drivers were entered in the OneMain Financial 200.
● Justin Allgaier won the OneMain 200 to score his sixth career Xfinity Series victory, his first of the season and first at Dover. His margin of victory over second-place Elliott Sadler was .306 of a second.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing With Biagi-DenBeste:
“It was the most frustrating day ever. We had a pretty fast car. We had no track position all day and no restarts went our way. That’s just part of it. We’ll move on to the next one. I think we were really fast today and our Haas Automation team was on top of it. It’s just frustrating when you’re caught in bad situations so much.”
The next event on the NASCAR Xfinity Series schedule is the Alsco 300 on Saturday, May 26 at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway. The race starts at 1 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by FS1
TSC PR/Photo Jerry Markland/Getty Images